You will be based in one of our office in Germany or Austria as a full-time intern for ~8-12 weeks.
You will be a part of a client project team, collaborating with colleagues and our clients to solve their toughest business problems.
When you join McKinsey as a fellow intern, you are joining a firm that will challenge you and invest in your professional development. You will work on the best teams to help the best organizations in the world - in private, public and social sectors - solve their most difficult problems. You will also work with many experts, from data scientists and researchers to software and app designers.
You will work in teams of typically 3-5 consultants, playing an active role in all aspects of the client engagement.
In this role, your responsibilities will include gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations. You will also have the opportunity to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members.
You will gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm. You will receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on your teams. This support includes a partner from your local office or practice assigned to you to help guide your career as well as formal training in your first few weeks as an intern. Additionally, you’ll receive guidance and support from your local office in the selection of client projects, helping you to develop your skills and build your network.
After your internship, you may be offered a full-time return offer.
- Undergraduate or master’s degree in progress
- Outstanding record of academic achievement
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in English and German
- Willingness to travel